Due to numerous scheduling conflicts this year,
there will not be a Stefan Scholarship Competition for 2019.
Thank you for your support and check back next season.
The League of the Schenectady Symphony Orchestra is sponsoring the 55th annual Anthony Stefan Scholarship Competition, with awards to be given to high school students who show excellence in the performance of an orchestral instrument. Information regarding the competition is as follows.
1) The auditions are open to students of orchestral instruments (excluding piano) in grades nine through twelve, who reside in the area served by the Schenectady Symphony Orchestra or who support the orchestra by working with it or attending performances. Any previous first place winner is ineligible.
2) Audition- Participants will present two contrasting selections or parts thereof, preferably by different composers. Total playing time of the two pieces shall not exceed 10 minutes. Students should either time their selections appropriately or indicate to the volunteer timer to stop them at 10 minutes.
3) There will be two monetary awards, which are to be used by the recipients for further study or the purchase of a musical instrument. $1000 for first place and $500 for second place.
4) The two award winners will be expected to play at the Spring Musicale and Annual Meeting of the League of the Schenectady Symphony Orchestra in May.
5) If you wish to have an accompanist (not required) it is the responsibility of the participant to hire one. If assistance is needed, contact MaryAnn Gulyas.
6) Contestants must bring a copy of their selections for the judges. (Originals only please)
8) All special requests regarding audition times must be received well in advance.
Also please inform us in advance if you require a second music stand, handicapped
access, extra set up time. etc.
9) APPLICATION DEADLINE:
10) Applications are to be sent to:
568 Clifton Park Center Rd.
Clifton Park, NY 12065
For further information contact MaryAnn Gulyas at email@example.com.