Do you like variety? Love the arts? Want to make a difference in your community? Look no further.
We’re looking for a self-starter to help support an active Board of Directors implement the programs and activities of the Schenectady Symphony Orchestra. Jack-of all trades preferred, as duties may include:
- Initiating and coordinating fund-raising activities, including annual appeals, fund-raising events, sponsorships and grant proposals,
- Supporting music director and musical operations committee in programming activities and assisting the League of the SSO as necessary,
- Representing the SSO to individuals and community organizations,
- Developing marketing strategies to augment and broaden the audience base for SSO concerts and its base for support ,
- Contacting and networking with other non-profit agencies and organization,
- Assisting in the education and orientation of new board members to facilitate continuity
Minimum 3-5 years experience in non-profit or similar organizational structure. Ability to work independently, in groups and in the public eye desired. Computer skills required (Microsoft Word/ Excel/Access, basic graphic design and website maintenance knowledge suggested)
Part-time (average 15 hours/week). Occasional night and weekends required (meetings/concerts/events)
The Schenectady Symphony Orchestra is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply, send resume and cover letter to:
Sso2@verizon.net by February 17, 2017