Love great music, fine wine and elegant food, beautifully prepared? Like supporting your hometown orchestra and your local community college’s culinary program? Even better, like the chance of winning a $100 bottle of wine for a $5.00 raffle ticket, finding holiday gifts at our silent auction, or purchasing some of the wine you’ve enjoyed at a discounted rate? All this and more takes place at Tasting Notes, our fifth annual wine/music/food pairing event at SCCC.
This year’s event includes a variety of musical groups and ensemble, some regular combinations who play together and some who gathered specifically for this evening:
- a jazz ensemble for the cocktail hour featuring Steve Lambert – saxophone, David Gleason – piano, Mike Lawrence – bass, and Pete Sweeney – drums
- a woodwind quintet during the first featuring Kathy Sadowsky – clarinet, Sue Kokernak – oboe, Beth Chinery – flute, Mel Toub – bassoon, and Katy Svatek – French horn with Nancy Bloomer Duessen’s Woodwind Quintet
- a flute, harp and string trio during the second course featuring Beth Chinery- flute, Michael Emery – violin, Stephani Emery – viola, Cathie-Jo Brun – cello and Karlinda Caldicott – harp performing J. Guy Ropartz’s Prelude, Marine et Chansons
- “Women of Note” string quartet during the main course featuring Meme Pittman – viola, Cathy Barber – violin, Barbara Brothers – violin, Cathie-Jo Brun – cello playing Mozart’s String Quartet in G maj. K. 156
- and “Saratoga County Line,”a brass quintet during dessert featuring Allyson Keyser & Omar Williams – trumpet, Catherine Hill – horn, Phil Pandori – trombone, and Michael Silvagnoli – tuba, performing Bernstein’s West Side Story Selections
This lively evening offers a chance to test, taste and explore wines, food and music, learning more about all three. In addition, our silent auction showcases the wines you taste during the evening plus some others, tickets for a variety of performances, holiday gifts, artwork, cooking and dining options. We also work with our sponsor University Wines & Liquors to make discounted wine purchases available for our guests.